Keith 'Guitar Pickin' Parker
Keith got his start on electric guitar playing Blues and Rock n Roll. Took his first guitar lesson in 1969. Ten years later he was teaching guitar in the same studio he started learning guitar, Mario's Music Villa. That led to a long career as a guitar instructor. Keith is still giving guitar lessons through www.takelessons.com
Currently Keith is musically engaged doing the following:
- Sings and plays guitar as a solo performer playing popular covers songs from several decades including a few of his own originals.
- Play bass guitar and sings lead and harmony vocals with his new band Shiners Creek.
- Sings lead and plays guitar in Canyon Wind
- Sings and plays blues and country blues music on electric and acoustic guitar in a duo with Harmonica Bing.
- Teaches guitar and ukulele in his home studio.
- Plays a little Harmonica, Bass, Nashville tuned guitar, Plectrum Banjo, Tenor and Baritone guitar.
- Writes and co-writes original songs
- Records and produces original audio and music videos in his studio
- Sings and plays nylon string guitar and ukulele while playing music for the elderly.
He enjoys playing different genres including: Americana, Blues, Bluegrass, Country, Folk, Pop, Roots Music, Smooth Jazz, and original music as a singer songwriter.
The Canyon Wind Band, Trio or Duo bio
Originally formed in 2012, the group released 3 albums of original music. It's hard to put the group into any one musical category because of their eclectic approach. You'll hear popular songs from the past several decades crossing over many different genres including: Americana, Blues, Country, Folk, and Rock n Roll. And they often mix both acoustic and electric instrumentation.
The band performs with different configurations of musicians.
Shiner's Creek the band, performs a variety of different genres including Americana, Country, Acoustic Folk Rock, Southern Rock, Singer Songwriter compositions with a touch of Bluegrass and even a little Irish Folk music. The music features both acoustic and electric instrumentation. And in place of drums foot percussion is used. There is fiddle, mandolin, bass, dobro, acoustic and electric guitars. All the instrumentation is mixed together providing an unique sound over an eclectic mix of music. You'll hear songs from foot stomping to folky singer songwriter compositions and everything in between.
Singer Songwriters Keith Parker and Eric Miller
Performing All Originals Music
Each songwriter has their own unique writing styles which offers a nice contrast in original songs.
Even their acoustic guitar playing styles are different
Eric is an expert finger picker while Keith's originals are usually strummed on his acoustic guitar
Both artist also perform together in the group
The Canyon Wind Duo
The duo of Jim Hedrick and Keith Parker
Specialize in playing songs from several decades with an emphasis on popular songs from the 60's and 70's including country songs from several decades!