Keith 'Guitar Pickin' Parker
Keith got his start on electric guitar playing Blues and Rock n Roll. Took his first guitar lesson in 1969. Ten years later he was teaching guitar in the same studio he started learning guitar, Mario's Music Villa. That led to a long career as a guitar instructor. Keith is still giving guitar lessons through www.takelessons.com
Currently Keith is musically engaged doing the following:
- Sings and plays guitar as a solo performer playing popular covers songs from several decades including a few of his own originals.
- Play bass guitar and sings lead and harmony vocals with his new band Shiners Creek.
- Sings lead and plays guitar in Canyon Wind
- Plays dreadnought acoustic rhythm guitar, in a bluegrass style, and sings both lead and harmony vocals with the band Top Rail.
- Sings and plays blues and country blues music on electric and acoustic guitar in a duo with Harmonica Bing.
- Teaches guitar and ukulele in his home studio.
- Plays a little Harmonica, Bass, Nashville tuned guitar, Plectrum Banjo, Tenor and Baritone guitar.
- Writes and co-writes original songs
- Records and produces original audio and music videos in his studio
- Sings and plays nylon string guitar and ukulele while playing music for the elderly.
He enjoys playing different genres including: Americana, Blues, Bluegrass, Country, Folk, Pop, Roots Music, Smooth Jazz, and original music as a singer songwriter.
The Canyon Wind band bio
Originally formed in 2012, the group released 3 albums of original music. It's hard to put the group into any one musical category because of their eclectic approach. You'll hear popular songs from the past several decades crossing over many different genres including: Americana, Blues, Country, Folk, and Rock n Roll. And they often mix both acoustic and electric instrumentation.